Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So I want my senior project to be a combination, based off previous knowledge of things that I have learned over the years studying fashion and textiles AND my future interest (career, goals, knowledge, etc.) 

In the past....

*Written research papers conducted on hemp as a fiber, and also the importance of switching to more sustainable practices in the textile and apparel industry.

*A project in my SD class where my roommate and I created reusable coffee coozies out of old belts and gave the money to a non-profit organization
(I'm still in the process of trying to find a picture of them to show)

*Learned how to use natural dyes

*Created a line of clothing out of recycled materials for the 2012 Spring Showcase at the Broyhill



All of these garments are made from found fabric ( like window curtains), some of the fabric is hand dyed

No comments:

Post a Comment